Welcome!

The Navy's traditions live on in the hearts of those who serve

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Females on the front line!

Well, it finally happened today, Secretary of Defense, Leon Panetta, ordered that women be permitted in"Front Line" combat units!  OK, if that's the way you want it!   But, women must now be treated as complete equals and must be registered for the draft.  Females CANNOT have it both ways.

As you may know, I am against Females in combat.   As a matter of fact, I am against women in the military in any but the most mundane support jobs!   I like women safe, cared for, soft, cuddly, nurturing, and in a marriage that is good for both partners.  I know some of you will disagree with me, and that's OK.  I respect your right to disagree with me and will publish, without editing, any comment for or against my position.

But the basis of my present argument since I have lost on all my other moral positions is that Females must be equal to men.  That means in opportunity and responsibility.  They cannot have the right to select a front line job this time and not the next.  And they cannot have the ability to not join in a war when a draft is mandated.  If you are equal, you are equal all the time!

Now, let's address the inequality of physical fitness requirements.  Remember a male or female soldier carries the same equipment, ammunition, and personal health items into the field.  So why is she permitted  a lower PRT requirement than her now equal man?   When I was Force Master Chief of SURFLANT, I used to argue with the Surgeon General of the Navy over WHY an 18 year old female had two minutes MORE to run the 1.5 mile run that I did as a 37 year old male!!!  He tried to  convince me that females were built different than men!  I knew that!!  But their sexual equipment has nothing to do with run times!!

So, a blow to womanhood was struck today.  Not FOR womanhood but TO womanhood.  If you disagree with me, do your homework.  The Israel Military used to have their women in the front lines until they were captured and brutalized in ways men cannot.  Now Israel keeps their females in the safe areas!  Let history be your teacher.

2 comments:

  1. I do not necessarily agree with how you make your point (it's a little too patriarchal), but even as an avowed liberal, I agree with your point. I do not agree that women should only be relegated to support roles, but in terms of combat your points are well taken. If they are eligible for combat, they should be eligible for the draft. We will put the most capable at the front and everyone else at the back.

    In terms of the PRT, I agree but with a qualification. The height and weight standards should be different. Female body composition, both in structure and body fat is significantly different than the male counterpart, and warrants a different measure. However, the PRT standards could serve to be unified. As an ACFL at a medium sized command, I've only had one female who passed body comp fail the run. I've had plenty of males fail (especially in the 20-24 range), who were in pretty good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That didn't take long. JCS says if the girls can't meet the standards just lower them. Why am I not suprised with these bleeding heart liberals in charge.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/25/gen-dempsey-hints-bar-likely-lowered-female-combat/

    ReplyDelete