Welcome!

The Navy's traditions live on in the hearts of those who serve

Saturday, December 8, 2012

ABC is anti-American!

ABC, the owners of ABC television, ESPN, and some other televison networks that we like to watch has decided to ban the wearing of American Flag pins on the lapels of all their employees including their on air personalities!!   Now I am not a reactionary, but there is entirely too much anti- American sentiment in the media. lately!

I can accept the networks not requiring their personnel to wear an American Flag lapel pin.   But I cannot accept them openly banning the wearing of the American Flag pin.  The First Amendment protects free speech and what I wear on my lapel IS free speech!   And while I do not agree with the Supreme Court's decision permitting the burning of the American Flag as a free speech issue, I accept everyone's free speech right.  So, I cannot accept a business violating someones free speech right.

The question is, what do we do about it?  Well, do you remember how to write a letter?  I am not being sarcastic, but no one writes an letter with pen and ink, in hand writing.  Today, everyone sends texts, tweets, emails.  Well, they don't carry near the weight that a hand written letter does.  So, here is what I want you to do.  Write a letter to ABC and tell them you don't like their policy against the American Flag!  Then, I want you to write another letter to just ONE of the advertisers on "Monday Night Football"!  Tell them, you will stop watching ALL of ABC's programs, including "Monday Night Football".  Trust me, that will cause a BIG ripple that may cause ABC to rethink their policy.

Of course, maybe we will fail.  But we won't know until we try.  But I do know we will loose our country if we don't fight.  And the pen is mightier than the sword, at this point!

No comments:

Post a Comment